Friday, November 09, 2007

Shoes in Jakarta

I bought a new pair of shoes last week and have realised that I have just hit a milestone moment in my life.

I bought a sensible comfortable pair of shoes........................
I went out expressly to buy the aforementioned shoes........

OH NO I am not a shoe aficionado any more!

Since my ankle is still swollen and sore I need support. I need comfort.

Hi my name is Jen and I wear sensible shoes.

I think it will be at least another six months until I can wear high heals again and little strappy numbers have proven not at all suitable for Jakarta. (I was wearing my Crocs when I broke my ankle)

And speaking of broken ankles, guess who is a big copy cat.....

Rob is,
he was plucked from the ocean last week and now has a plate and 12 pins holding his ankle together.........He was given drugs at hospital (not like me, I am quite jealous) but is now at home mastering crutches. He is still coming for Christmas though!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow, sorry to hear about Rob. comfortable shoes rule. Remember Cybil Shepard (the actress?) coming out in her pretty pretty dress and tennies. She knew then what we are learning now =)

Just letting you know I am alive and kicking, thanks for checking in on me my friend.

Hugs.