Sunday, September 09, 2007

Traditional Indonesian massage on a broken ankle

Can you see why we call it "IT"..........
Broken ankle or what...I still had the pedicure for the ball.......


Smile its torture time!


Ibu A working her magic









When my Indonesian friends heard about my ankle they all asked about whether or not I went for a massage before going to the doctors.......I must admit that I thought that they were all out of their minds.......When I was at SOS, silently SCREAMING for drugs an aides identity tags fell and touched my ankle.....I stopped being silent at that stage.....how could any one bare
having a massage???????

Through a friend we have come in contact with a lovely Indonesian Lady who comes and does massages in your home. When she has a break in her schedule she rings to fit GJ and I in. We usually manage to get 1-2 massages in per month.

I know.....I live the life of a privileged princess....

Ibu A came over today and when she saw my ankle she broke in to a huge, fast paced diatribe of Indonesian which I had no hope of keeping up with.....
I am in big trouble for not calling her last week and I will be suffering for far to long because of this!
No massage for my body, I had one whole hour JUST ON MY FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Ibu A is an expert, 220 million Indonesians can't be wrong about the benefits of massage, right???????
Do you like the photo of my face trying to smile.......

Now before I start to describe every iota of pain let me tell you about how I feel now.
It has been 30 min since my massage has finished, I have consumed 2 painkillers and half a glass of wine and my ankle feels REALLY GOOD, or as good as a broken one could feel LOL

Now if I can forget the pain part, it was fascinating to see Ibu A massage the swelling away.
But, it was excruciating....I knew it was doing me good, but I kept leaning forward telling her to stop. The last five minutes were unbelievable...she kept saying lima, sakit and something else....5, sick and ?????
Oh My Goodness, Ibu A grabbed my ankle and did a deep tissue massage....five times....I was counting in Indonesian adding a loud "TIDAK"-no!
But I got all five.......I feel like I am describing some horrible, torturous, corporal punishment regime....

Ibu A is canceling some of her regulars to come back and visit me this week.......She is hoping to get two treatments in this week.....Oh my goodness will the cure be too much!

I also have to get Sarinah to make me a special rice and ginger poultice.......

5 comments:

brad said...

It's too bad that you had to go to the ball in a wheel chair :-( but your dress looks fine ... and you don't look 59, 39 maybe.

Massage on a broken ankle. Big ouch comes to mind. I can't imagine how much that hurt.

Geologychick said...

That ankle does not look good...sorry! You look good, though! get well soon! My DD & I just got out of our sick prison after 2 weeks! Good Luck! :)

Wesley Chin said...

Ouch, did you at least get your broken ankle checked out?? Wat did the doctor say about it?? It looks really swollen and puffy. Nice toes though!!

Anonymous said...

I wish there were more pics! Or video! That would be even better! Any hope we'll see anything more in the future? This is the only site I can find with broken ankle massage.

Anonymous said...

can you give me Ibu A phone number?
Many skateboarders need help to cure our broken ankle.please give me information how to contact Ibu A.my email is flashtech2003[at]yahoo.com.thankyou.