Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sri’s Spectacular Salmon curry, Indonesian

Oh my goodness......you are going to love this!!!!!

My friend T has a wonderful housekeeper that loves to cook. We have now had this delicious dinner twice, and even the kids liked it. I have been asking Sri for the recipe for ages and have finally got it and translated it and then had it checked by Sri.
The photos are not good or artistic at all, as soon as it was on the table all of us were into it...it is that good!


Sri’s Spectacular Salmon curry

3 red chilies(size depending on how hot you want it)
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
2 teaspoons pepper corns
2 pieces of ginger (size of a little finger tip)
2 pieces lemon grass
2 pieces turmeric (size of a little finger tip)

Grind all above ingredients together to make a paste

2 bay leaves
2 kaffir lime leaves
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 can coconut cream
400g salmon steaks.
Oil to cook with.

Cut salmon into 2 cm squares
Heat oil in wok until hot and cook paste until smells good.
Add lime leaf, lemon grass, and coconut cream (can add I/2 cup of water if too thick).
When bubbling/boiling add salmon and fresh basil. Cook until just done (approx 2 min). Too long and salmon will crumble.


Please let me know how good it is if you try it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a delicious meal. You forgot to write what went with the meal(veg,rice,sambol)?My curiosity is activated. What was the project you were working on 20+hrs? Always love reading about your busy life. It is going to be hard for you to come back to Qld

Jenny Quld said...

Hi Adele
I had this dish with plain rice and salad as well as with fried rice and veggies. It doesn't seem to need any sambel, but I see alot of people add sambel to EVERYTHING (fresh fruit included.
The document I was working on was a year in review detailed newsletter.
I did an overview, and then a section for each month with a montage of photos. It was for family members and friends that don't read the blog......It was a masterpiece LOL.
Clever computer friends think it was because I made it in MS word/works and it was 110mb...
Can you email me, the email address I have for you is wrong and keeps rebounding.
I am curious how our house is going as well...It has been a huge money pit this year...just about everything major has been replaced so far...very expensive!

julia said...

How nothing is amiss? The recipe is great but..oh no! not more cooking. I'd just love to see a parody of an annual news letter.