Friday, October 05, 2007

Dental drama in jakarta.

I thought you might like to sympathize with me.

This is a copy of the email I sent to GJ at the office yesterday about my quiet day at home making cakes for Georgia's birthday


I was picking up Ben at 12 when Chelsea rushed out to me with a hunk of tooth in her hand...she had clean snapped the top of a freshly grown, beautiful ADULT tooth...one that was supposed to last for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An emergency trip to SOS clinic has resulted in a temporary filling/crown. One that will need to be replaced every 2 years or so until she is 15 when she can have a crown...............the Dr doesn't think that it will go black.

We arrive back to school to collect Georgia to find her with a tissue filled mouth, soaked in blood. A big juicy molar came loose.
Home extraction ensured and now the tooth fairy will have to visit our house tonight twice....

So my quite day has been not so quiet.... Ben did not appreciate being left at home while I took Chelsea to the clinic. We saw a nude boy, in hysterics, being forcibly contained as we drove off. Luckily Samino knows that the way to turn him is around is a Thomas the Tank Engine DVD, chocolate milk and junk food (to eat and to mash into furniture and carpets)

Now I have to drag my throbbing ankle into the kitchen and whip up a couple of dozen cup cakes.............................



You can just see the build up of Chelsea's tooth it is on the middle right hand side

1 comment:

Lori said...

Ugg I am so sorry. I can relate to this post tooo well. I have a youngest son that keeps chipping the front of his Adult teeth. I hope the next day is a better day.

Hugs.