Friday, September 22, 2006

My little terrors have stuck again!
Thursday night is always cranky night at our house during the school term. This is the last week of term and they are all extra tired. So the 7.00pm bedtime is strictly enforced. Usually if they are good they can watch TV in bed until lights off at 7.30pm. Crankiness was at full volume and at 6.55pm there was a little bellowing coming from me, which meant lights out at 7pm and no TV. The girls decided that their toothbrushes didn'’t go as fast as ours and trotted off to our bathroom, Ben followed as usual.
As I was tucking them in I noticed that Ben looked a little strange and had wonderful fresh breath....…the gagging and vomiting soon started (all over me as per usual).
The girls had let him get into adult toothpaste and Listerine. This is all kept up high out of kids reach; they just got a stool to help themselves.
The worst was that the girls got scared by all the vomiting and noise and denied letting Ben touch anything.
Picture the scene; Ben and I standing in a pool of vomit, glued together with vomit. Ben was screaming and I was shrilly demanding to know what he had consumed.
Girls lying in bed, crying, deny all knowledge of any wrong doing. GJ finally lost it and bellowed at the girls to tell us now!-- Listerine and toothpaste, all dangerous to a toddler. Luckily the projectile vomiting had cleared his system of all the products and he is happy and fine.
It just shows how easily accidents can happen. The spare toiletries are kept in our bathroom cabinet which has a child lock on it and the Listerine is kept on the top shelf of the cupboard right next to the bathroom. I have to reach up to it and I am 5'’7"’. Determined little terrors can always find a way!
So as I usually do when the kids are terrors, I post a photo of the 3 of them looking like little angels.....



3 comments:

Geologychick said...

Thanks for checking out my Blog! Happy Rosh Hashanah to you, too! Geez, Listerine is N A S T Y! Yuck! Glad to hear it's all out of his system!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I am so sorry for what happened to your little guy but I do love the way you've ended this post. They are beautiful children indeed.

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh my goodness. This is one challenge we don't have - older children that can get IN to things and unknowingly, pose a risk to the younger ones. I'm sure the girls were terribly worried to think that he was so sick, and - worried what was going to happen to THEM! I'm so glad to hear that he is doing OK. Uh, stuck together with vomit. That's a lovely image.

They really are beautiful ... it makes it all worthwhile, eh? :)