Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stress, anxiety and packing for 5....

I can't think straight, I am tense and anxious...I have to pack for a family of five for a 3 week overseas holiday. I need an extra suitcase just for the ancillary items,
  • night nappies
  • wipes
  • 1st aid necessities (patterned bandaides!!!!!)
  • medicine
  • DISINFECTANTS, for hands, surfaces etc
  • snacks for kiddies, Georgia believes that she is going to starve as she dislikes rice, soy sauce, peanut sauce, curries and Asian style food. Chelsea is in heaven as she and Ben like all that style of food.
  • Bug spray and bite cream
  • the right amount of toys and activities to keep the kids amused for a total of 20hrs flight hours.
  • ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, etc.
I also am checking and confirming all bookings, paying bills and doing all the many things I do on an ordinary day, plus trying to organize school tours and real estate tours for when we are in Jakarta.
Chelsea had Tuesday and Wednesday off school with a high fever this week, hopefully she will be perfect for next week. I can't even concentrate on writing a blog post. I broke my self imposed weeknight Champagne embargo last night, which means I will break it again tonight as leftovers only last 1 night, even with my supa doopa champagne bottle resealer, and I can't throw away Champagne!!!!!
I am booked in for a total hair cut package on Saturday pm. My hairdresser is also my friend, and Gillian closes the salon after I arrive and we chat all afternoon. Maybe that is why it takes 5-6 hours to cut and colour my hair. Hopefully that will be my rest and down time from this crazed organizing monster I have become.
We leave in 4 days!!!!!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel - I am also packing for a 3 week holiday (interstate) and am wondering just how much I can cram into 3 suitcases for 1 adult and 3 children (2 in nappies!!). Even though travel time is only 7.5 hours, how much can I take on the plane to keep a two year old and a six year old from destroying said aircraft? Thankfully I won't need the disinfectant as I am sure nannies place will be lovely and clean! Happy packing - love Mandy

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh man... As much as I'd love to take a 3-week vacation ANYWHERE, I can't imagine the stress you're under. Yikes!!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you finish packing, paying bills, and while on your trip. I do hope you'll still be able to check in from time to time.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!!! There were leftovers of champagne?? Hmmm thats never happened in my house =))) Just kidding.

brad said...

Planning one week for one person is bad enough. Five for three weeks would be a nightmare. So much for traveling light. Good thing you have Champagne to help :-)