Friday, September 29, 2006

Singapore Zoo














We headed off to the Zoo today. It was really, really good. I always thought that Taronga Zoo in Sydney was the best in the world, followed by San Diego. But I would have to give Singapore Zoo equal first place. As is everything in Singapore, the entire zoo was spotless. The landscaping was amazing, so tropical and lush. We hired a little wagon to pull the kids around in, they loved it. GJ is still feeling sick so we strolled around slowly. It was very hot and humid, but no more so than Brisbane in summer. The snake exhibits were gruesome, just as bad as our garage at home! LOL
The kids loved the elephants; we paid extra so they could feed them and then we went for a ride.(NB a dress and slip on shoes are not really practical for riding on the backs of elephants.)
I dropped the four tired things off back at the apartment and went into town to get supplies-essential things like wine and gelato and vegemite. There is no Breakfast at the apartments on weekends so I have stocked up.
We have bought tickets for the night safari zoo tour, which we will do next week.
I am still having trouble loading photos, and when I paste the text in from word I am getting a few add ons, I will keep on trying.

2 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Ah ... but have you ever visited the San Diego Zoo?? If you ever make it to California, we'll show it to you! We are seasonal members and go at least once a month.

These pictures are great ... it looks like you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great pics...it looks like so much fun. I love the green, love the lush, love that you're having a great time with your family!